Extended Stay Accommodations near West Chester PA
PET & CHILD FRIENDLY We offer discounted rates for self catered weekly, monthly, and longer stays. Please call 610-459-3000 to discuss.
If you are looking for hotels in the West Chester area, consider our Carriage House – the ultimate in privacy for your Pennsylvania getaway. Far enough away from the main house for total privacy but close enough to access if you need anything, this two-bedroom 2 1/2 bath cottage is almost 1200 sq. ft. of English Country charm.
Tucked into the woods behind the main house, the Carriage House is pet and child friendly. Adults traveling without small children may have breakfast at the main house if it is booked as a bed and breakfast booking. For those traveling with children age 6 and up, we will stock the kitchen for you if booked as bed and breakfast. The cottage is never booked to more than one party at a time: even if you are only booking one bedroom, you are guaranteed total privacy. These accommodations can sleep four, and yes, children count. There is a small fenced-in yard, so your four-legged friend can romp freely. This is the perfect choice for your visit to Brandywine Valley.
Only 30 minutes from Philadelphia and Lancaster County, make us your southeastern vacation headquarters.This cottage is available for self-catered extended stay bookings. We are near Media, Pa (5 miles) as well as Chadds Ford (5 miles) and West Chester (7 miles). Swarthmore College is approximately 15 minutes from us. Kennett Square is about 25 minutes, and Longwood Gardens is located between Hamanassett and Kennett Square.
- Living room with sofa, two wing-back chairs, and cable television with DVD player. There is a small supply DVD movies, or feel free to bring your own.
- Dimplex fireplace offers all the warmth and charm of a real fire without the trouble.
- Formal dining room with table that seats six.
- Large kitchen with full-size stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. Kitchen is fully stocked with coffee maker, microwave oven, dishwasher, pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and basics such as coffee, tea, and condiments.
- Powder room.
- Full-size washer and dryer.
- Bedroom 1 – Queen canopied bed with private hall bath (tub with shower).
- Bedroom 2 – King with large attached private bath featuring a slipper tub and separate walk-in shower.
- Air Conditioning in season
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access
- Cable TV with DVD player
- Front Porch
- Barbecue Grill in season
- Fenced back yard
- User Friendly Front Porch
- Adult Bed and Breakfast guests of the cottage are invited to enjoy all the pleasures of the main house
Bed and Breakfast Rates which include full breakfast:
- One bedroom (queen or king) – $375.00 a night plus 9% tax, two-night minimum. Please note if you book only one bedroom, the second bedroom and bath are closed off. We never book to two unrelated parties in either of the cottages.
- Two bedrooms – $475.00 a night plus 9% tax.
Policy: For stays of more than 2 nights, 50% of total is due at time of confirmation with balance due 30 days prior to stay. Deposits are refundable less a 10% processing fee if we are given 30 days’ notice. After 30 days, no refund is offered unless we are able to rebook the carriage house, less the 10% processing fee. There is no refund for early departures. A fully refundable $500.00 security deposit plus $100.00 cleaning fee is required for weekly and short-term bookings.
Weekly and short-term monthly rates are also available.
All Linens are supplied.
The Carriage House is also available as a self-catered vacation cottage for stays of one or more weeks. If you request this weekly or monthly rate, it does not include breakfast or housekeeping or use of the amenities of the main house. It does come stocked with all linens and enough basics such as paper towels and toilet tissue to get you started. Please note that unlike other vacation cottages in our area, the Meadow Cottage and Carriage House are the only cottages that are true stand-alone private houses with no shared walls with another cottage.
Self-Catered Vacation Rental Policy:
- 50% deposit by check of total is due at time of confirmation, with balance due by check 30 days prior to stay. Deposits are nonrefundable. There is no refund for early departures. A fully refundable $500.00 security deposit plus cleaning fee of $100.00 is required for weekly and short-term bookings. Maximum occupancy is 4 regardless of age. The cottage may be rented for a leisure stay only. Commercial use, extra guests, or parties carry an additional fee and must be discussed on an individual needs basis.
For self-catered stays, we stock basics such as toilet tissue and coffee to get you started your first night and you supply items for the rest of your stay. All linens are supplied.
We hate pesky rules, but a few are necessary.
Please take the time to read our policies.
Rates: $375 – $475 plus 9% tax. Children count as people. Please do not arrive with additional guests unless you have made a reservation for them in advance. The Carriage House is available for the quiet enjoyment of our registered guests.
Reservations: Two-night minimum. Holidays and special event weekends may require a longer stay or a higher rate.
Deposits and Cancellations: Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of payment in full for stays of two nights, or 50% of your total for stays of three or more nights. You may pay with a personal check, traveler’s checks, cash or major credit card at the time of booking. Please consider your reservation as final when it is made. Deposits are refundable, less a 10% fee if cancelled 30 days in advance for weekly or long term bookings. Regular bookings have a 10 day cancellation policy less 10% processing fee. Cancellations or rescheduling made with less than 10 days’ notice will receive a refund only if we are able to book your room, less the 10% cancellation or rescheduling fee. Please be assured we will do everything possible to rebook it. There is no refund for shortened stays.
Children: Ages 6 to 12 can be accommodated in the Carriage House and all ages in the Meadow Cottage.
Pets: Dogs can be accommodated in the Carriage House, Meadow Cottage, and one room in the main house. If you would like to bring your dog as a guest, please call and speak with us. There is an additional $25.00 per night per dog cleaning fee for dogs. If booking weekly or monthly the dog fee is negotiable.
Smoking and Candles: Because of the age of the house, and out of courtesy to our other guests, there is no smoking within the house. Considerate smokers may smoke on the front porch. The local Fire Marshall does not allow open fires such as candles or incense in the house. We hope you will respect this rule, if not you will be charged an extra day’s fee to give us time to clean and air out the house and be asked to leave.