This delicious recipe will bring your Sunday Brunch plenty of raves! Or stay with us at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast and you can enjoy the same without the mess of cooking.
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Pancake Batter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Place butter in 8-inch cast iron pan and melt in oven preheated to 350 degrees. The shelf should be about 6 inches from the top heating element. When butter has melted remove from oven and let cool a couple of minutes. Brush butter up sides of pan.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon to maple syrup and pour into cast iron pan. Stir to mix syrup and butter.
- Slice bananas evenly about an eighth of an inch thick. Bananas will shrink as they bake. Spread over the butter/syrup mixture. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the bananas.
- Make your favorite pancake batter and gently spoon to cover the bananas. Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes or until pancake is brown and set.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. Use a spatula or knife around edges to loosen from sides of pan. Invert pancake onto a large platter and slice into either 6 or 8 slices.
- To serve, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and add a couple of strawberries or raspberries for color. This recipe serves 8 but can be cut in half and made in two small tapas pans if you are serving only a few people.