Our Vacation Cottage Rental in Eastern Pennsylvania
Pet and Child Friendly
Our most private accommodation is located in the woods overlooking the meadow. This dog and child-friendly cottage rental is perfect for family vacations in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, a living room, a kitchen, and a dining room. There is a small fenced-in yard, so your four-legged friend can romp without a leash. The cottage sits at the end of the horse meadow and has a small fenced-in area, so you and your dog or children can enjoy sitting on your private front porch while watching the horses. This is the perfect choice for your extended stay in the Brandywine Valley.
- King Bedroom (can be made into twins for a $20.00 fee) with attached half bath.
- Living room with sectional sofa and leather easy chair, television with DVD player and cable TV. We provide some movies, or feel free to bring your own.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Dimplex fireplace offers all the warmth and charm of a real fire without the trouble.
- Dining room with table that seats four.
- Large kitchen with full-size stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. Kitchen is fully stocked with coffee maker, microwave oven, pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and basics such as coffee, tea, and condiments.
- Stacking washer and dryer.
- User-friendly front porch!
- Bedroom 2 – Queen bed, hall bathroom (tub with shower).
Bed and Breakfast rates include full breakfast and housekeeping:
- $350.00 per night for one bedroom (two people), plus 9% tax. Use of second bedroom is $100.00 per night extra if booking as a bed and breakfast accommodation, and includes full breakfast at the main house and housekeeping. Adult bed and breakfast guests of the cottage are invited to enjoy all the amenities of the main house when booking as a B&B accommodation.
- Cancellation policy for B&B bookings: 10 full days’ notice receives full refund less $25.00 per night fee. Cancellations made within the 10 days receive a refund on any nights we are able to rebook for you less the $25.00 per night fee.
The cottage is intended as a quiet retreat for couples or families of up to 4 persons. It may not be used for parties, events, meetings or commercial purposes. While your friends or relatives may stop by for a visit, please discuss these plans with the innkeeper in advance because of a shortage of parking. Any misuse of the house will be subject to additional fees, or you may be asked to leave. The house may not be sublet.
Self-Catered Vacation Rental Policy and Rates for extended stays of one or more weeks:
The Meadow Cottage is also available as a self-catered Brandywine Valley vacation cottage for stays of one or more weeks. If you request this weekly or monthly discounted rate, it does not include breakfast, housekeeping, or use of the amenities of the main house. Please note that unlike other vacation cottages in our area, the Meadow Cottage and Carriage House are the only cottages that are true stand-alone private houses with no shared walls with another cottage.
- 50% deposit of total by check is due at time of confirmation with balance due by check 30 days prior to stay. Deposits are nonrefundable. After 30 days, no refund will be given unless we are able to rebook the accommodation less the 10% processing fee. There is no refund for early departures. A fully refundable $500.00 security and cleaning deposit is required for weekly and short-term bookings. Maximum occupancy is 4 regardless of age. The cottage may be rented for a leisure stay only. Commercial use, extra guests, or parties carry an additional fee and must be discussed on an individual needs basis.
We are happy to quote rates for self-catered stays, which include no breakfast, no housekeeping, and no use of main house. For self-catered stays, we stock basics such as toilet tissue and coffee to get you started your first night, and you supply items for the rest of your stay. Linens are supplied.
We hate pesky rules, but a few are necessary.
Please take the time to read our policies.
Deposits and Cancelations: Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of payment in full for stays of two nights or less, or 50% of your total for stays of three or more nights. You may pay with a personal check, traveler’s checks, cash or major credit card at the time of booking. Stays of one week or more require payment of 50% by check only with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival. Please consider your reservation as final when it is made. Deposits for self-catered stay are not refundable. Deposits for B&B stays are refundable less a 10% fee if cancelled 10 days in advance. Cancellations or rescheduling made with less than 10 days’ notice will receive a refund only if we are able to book your room less the 10% cancellation or rescheduling fee. Please be assured we will do everything possible to rebook it. There is no refund for shortened stays.
Children: Ages 6 to 12 can be accommodated in the Carriage House in the Meadow Cottage.
Pets: Dogs can be accommodated in the Carriage House, Meadow Cottage, and one room in the main house. If you would like to bring your dog as a guest, please call and speak with us. There is an additional $25.00 per night per dog cleaning fee for dogs.
Smoking and Candles: Because of the age of the house, and out of courtesy to our other guests, there is no smoking within the house. Considerate smokers may smoke on the front loggia and on the grounds. The local Fire Marshall does not allow open fires such as candles or incense in the bedrooms. We hope you will respect this rule, if not you will be charged an extra day’s fee to give us time to clean and air out the room, and you will be asked to leave.