Our Bed and Breakfast near Kennett Square, West Chester & Philadelphia
Located within 35 minutes of six towns and the closest major city, Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast is the perfect location for your Pennsylvania getaway.
Don’t believe the Mapquest directions regarding how far we are from attractions. We will give you our printed directions, which take you along back country roads, across covered bridges, and keep you off the heavily traveled main roads. Enjoy the excitement of downtown Philadelphia, and then return to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast where you will enjoy peace and quiet and the relaxation of the koi swimming in the fish pond.
Most importantly, you will enjoy free safe off-street parking, free Wi-Fi, a wonderful complimentary breakfast each morning, complimentary snacks, soft drinks, juices, and home-baked cookies. When you add it all up, wouldn’t you really rather be in the quiet PA countryside?
Approximate driving distances and times to nearby cities, sites & attractions.
Lima – 5 minutes, 3 miles
Media – 10 minutes, 4 miles
Valley Forge – 45 minutes, 25 miles
Philadelphia Airport – 20 minutes, 13 miles
Downtown Philadelphia – 35 minutes, 17 miles
Swarthmore College – 15 minutes, 7 miles
Kennett Square-25 minutes, 14 miles
Chadds Ford – 8 minutes, 4 miles
Brandywine River Museum – 10 minutes, 6 miles
Vala Winery – 25 minutes, 20 miles
Longwood Gardens – 20 minutes, 10 miles
Winterthur – 20-35 minutes, 15 miles
Chester, PA – 10 miles
Westtown School – 5 miles, 8 minutes
GPS Coordinates: Lat: N39 degrees, 54′-1″ Long: W75 degrees 28′ 34″
View Hamanassett Bed and Breakfast in a larger map
From New York City and North:
• Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 2 (Sweedsboro). Take Rte. 322 West to Commodore Barry Bridge (approximately 8 miles.)
• Cross the bridge to I-95 and continue South on Route 322 West to Route 1 (approximately 8 miles).
• Turn right onto Route 1. You are 3.3 miles from Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast at this point.
• Continue on Route 1 until you reach Valley Brook Road. Go through the light at Valley Brook. DO NOT TURN ONTO VALLEY BROOK. You will be on a steep downhill after this light. If you reach another traffic light (Red Roof Road) you just missed Darlington Road.
• Go to the FIRST LEFT TURN LANE (approximately 1/4 mile north of Valley Brook Road) and turn LEFT onto Darlington Road (This is a small country road. There is no traffic light here.) Go exactly 1/10 mile to the first road on the left which is Indian Springs Drive. (There is a large sign here that says, “Hamanassett at Darlington”) Turn left here and go to the top of the hill.
• You will not see the house until you reach the top of the driveway. The drive for the B&B is on the right at the very top of the hill between the two stone columns.
From the South (Wilmington & Washington, D.C.):
Note: There are two ways to get to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast. The first is the scenic route and is quicker during the day. However, during bad weather or at night you might want to choose the second route.
• Take I-95 North toward Wilmington, De. (Do not take 495 North to Philadelphia!)
• Take Exit 7 Rte. 52/Delaware Avenue. Stay to the left when you exit. Go to the 4th light (Delaware Ave.) and turn left. In 1 block veer to the left onto Pennsylvania Ave./Rte. 52 north. (Delaware Ave. goes off to the right). Continue north on Pa. Ave./Rte. 52 for 6 miles. This will take you past Winterthur. When you see the main entrance and light at Winterthur you have one mile remaining on Rte. 52.
• Turn right onto Center Meeting Road. (If you come into the little town of Centerville, you just missed Center Meeting Road.)
• After turning onto Center Meeting Road, there will be a fork in the road after about 1 mile. Center Meeting curves around to the left. Continue on Center Meeting Road (which eventually is called Smithbridge Road) for 9.5 miles until it dead-ends into Valley Brook Road. (On the left corner is the Chester Heights Post Office and a little country store.)
• Turn left onto Valley Brook Road and go 1 mile to the traffic light which is Baltimore Pike. Turn right onto Baltimore Pike. As soon as you can get into the left lane. Go to the FIRST LEFT TURN LANE (approximately 1/4 mile beyond Valley Brook) and turn LEFT onto Darlington Road (This is a small country road. There is no traffic light here.) If you reach another traffic light (Red Roof Lane) you just missed Darlington Road. After turning onto Darlington Road go exactly 1/10 mile to the first road on the left which is Indian Springs Drive. There is a large sign here that says “Hamanassett at Darlington”. Turn left here and go to the top of the hill.
• You will not see the house until you reach the top of the street. The drive for the B&B is on the right at the top of the hill where the stone columns are.
Route 2: More lights but better at night or during bad weather:
Take I-95 North into Wilmington and exit at Rte. 202 North toward West Chester. Continue on Route 202 approximately 6 miles to Route 1 (also called Baltimore Pike). There is a hotel on one corner and the State Farm Regional Headquarters on the other corner. Turn right onto Route 1 and follow the directions below “coming from Longwood Gardens.”
From Longwood Gardens and Winterthur:
• From Longwood Gardens go North on Route 1. After crossing Rte. 202 (big intersection with a State Farm Regional Headquarters on the left) you are 4 miles from Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast. Continue north on Rte. 1. You will go past a shopping center with a Target and Staples on your right. Continue on Rte. 1 and go through the lights at Cheney Road, and then Stoney Bank Road. The next light is Valley Brook Road/Walnut Hill (there is an Ennis Oil Company on the right). Go through this light, and you will be going down an incline. Go 3/10 mile beyond Valley Brook to the first place you can turn left and turn left onto Darlington Road. There is a left turn lane but no light here. (If you come to another light which is Red Roof Lane you just missed Darlington Road.) Go 1/10 mile on Darlington Road to the first street on the left which is Indian Springs Drive. Turn left onto Indian Springs and drive to the top of the hill. Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast’s driveway is on the right between the two stone columns.
From Winterthur turn right out of Winterthur onto Kennett Pike/Route 52. Go one mile to Center Meeting Road and turn right. Follow directions above (Coming from the south) for the rest of the way.
From Harrisburg And West:
• Follow the Pennsylvania Turnpike East toward Philadelphia. Take the Pa. 100 Pottstown/West Chester exit towards West Chester. Merge onto Pa. 100 South toward Downingtown. Go approximately 7- 1/2 miles until you merge straight onto Rte. 202 South. Continue south on Rte. 202 S. for approximately 8 -1/2 miles until you reach Rte. 1 No. There will be a large State Farm regional center on your left at this intersection. Turn left (north onto Rte. 1/Baltimore Pike and go north about 4 1/3 mile. After you go through the light at Valley Brook Road you should be in your left lane. You will go about 3/10 of a mile beyond the light at Valley Brook Road to the first road on your left which is Darlington Road. There is a left turn lane here but no light. Turn left onto Darlington Road) and go 1/10 mile on Darlington Road to the first street on the left, Indian Springs Drive. There is a large sign here that says “Hamanassett at Darlington”. Turn left onto Indian Springs Drive and come all the way to the top of the hill. The drive for the bed and breakfast is on the right between the two stone columns.
• If you come to another light after Valleybrook Road which is Red Roof Lane, you just missed Darlington Road by 2/10 of a mile!
From The Philadelphia Airport:
• Follow I-95 South approximately 5 miles to Route 476 North to Exit 5 (Lima-Springfield) and turn LEFT (south) toward Lima onto Route 1.
• Continue south on Route 1 past the Granite Run Mall on the right and Riddle Hospital on the left. Cross over Route 452 and continue south past the Franklin Mint on the left (Valley Road). The next light is Red Roof Lane. Get into the right lane and go 2/10 mile beyond Red Roof Lane. Slow down because it is a sharp right onto Darlington Road. If you reach another light (Valley Brook) you just missed Darlington Road. Go 1/10 mile on Darlington Road to the first street on the left, Indian Springs Drive. There is a large sign here that says “Hamanassett at Darlington”. Turn left onto Indian Springs Drive and come all the way to the top of the hill. The drive for the bed and breakfast is on the right between the two stone columns.
Please note that we are not in Map Quest or most GPS systems correctly.
Use them at your own risk. Our directions are guaranteed to get you to us!
Hamanassett Bed and Breakfast
Ashley Mon, Innkeeper
115 Indian Springs Drive
Chester Heights, PA 19063
Phone: (610) 459-3000
Reservations Only: (877) 836-8212
After 9 PM dial 610-558-3687 our 24 hour emergency number